Wednesday, March 23, 2011

translation - naam adaa likhna

Pooche jo koi meri nishani, rang hina likhna;
If some one asks for sign of my identity, write “colour of Heena”
Gore badan pe ungli se mera naam ada likhna....
on the fair body, with your fingers, trace my name as 'Elegance'

Kabhi kabhi aas paas chand rehta hai;
Sometimes the moon is near ..
Kabhi kabhi aas paas shaam rehti hai....
Sometimes the dusk is at hand

Aaon to subah jaaon to mera naam saba likhna;
‘Morning’ when I come, and when I go, write my name as ‘Dusk’
Barf pade to barf pe mera naam dua likhna....
When the snow falls, then in snow write my name as ‘blessings’
Zara zara aag waag paas rehti hai;
Little little, the fire is close
Zara zara aangdi ki aanch rehti hai....
Little little, the heat of the stove is there

Jab tum hanste ho din ho jaata hai;
When you laugh, the day arrives
Tum gale lago to phir so jaata hai....
When you hold me close, it goes to sleep again
Doli uthaye aayega din to paas bitha lena;
When the day comes carrying a ‘bridal litter’, seat it next to you
Kal jo mile to maathe pe mere suraj uga dena....
If you meet tomorrow then make the rising sun shine on my forehead
Zara zara aas paas dhoop rahegi;
Little little, the sunshine will stay close by
Zara zara aas paas rang rahenge....
Little little, the colors will stay around ..


Bridal litter is the ‘men carried covered box’ in which the newly wed bride travels.
Little Little .. here denotes roughly equivalent to “even if little”

************************************************************************

When they ask for me say that i am a color
On my fairness, let your fingers carve my name - elegance
And sometimes you'll find the moon around
And sometimes you'll find the evening around

Call me dusk and call me dawn, when i come then when i am gone
And when it snows, carve me my name - prayer
And sometimes you'll find some fire around
And sometimes you'll find some warmth around

Your smiles bring me day
Your hugs bring me night
When the day comes carrying me wed, make it sit beside you
If you meet it tomorrow, grow a sun for my forehead
And you'll find sunshine around you
And you'll find colors around you

No comments:

 
View My Stats